Traumatic brain injury, also referred to as TBI is a type calls from canadian pharmacy of brain injury that is caused by sudden trauma to the brain. generic tadalafil The injury may be localized or extended over a wide area tadalafil generic of the brain. Our brain is an extremely complex organ made up of billions of neurons that communicate with each other. Every physical or mental activity that we perform is controlled by different areas of the brain. As such, an injury to the brain can cause catastrophic results, as it will affect almost all functions of our body. Unlike other types of injuries, brain injuries are often difficult to heal. The symptoms of a traumatic injury may be experienced soon after the incident or in some cases it remains hidden for many days or weeks.
Effects of traumatic brain injury
A traumatic brain injury
can be life-threatening and in many cases it may leave the victims in a vegetative state or make them struggle with disabilities for the rest of their lives. The effects of TBI depend mostly on the severity of the injury. Brain injuries can be mild or severe. Mild injuries can lead to loss of consciousness or disorientation which lasts for only a short time. The patient may experience cognitive problems like headache, mood swings, difficulty thinking and memorizing, frustration etc. In spite of the injury being termed as mild, the effect it can have on an individual and his family members can be overwhelming. Severe traumatic brain injury may cause loss of consciousness that lasts for more than 30 minutes. This type of TBI also affects the cognitive functions of the body, but in a higher level. The patient may have trouble with language or speech, loss of thinking, inability to think, difficulty moving etc. In certain situations the patient may fall into a http://canadianpharmacysafestore.com/ coma state and later into a vegetative state.
Several TBI patients cialis online reviews may require long-term rehabilitation in order to find some improvement so that they need not depend on others purchase cialis for their day to day activities. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly 1.5 million Americans go through traumatic brain injury each year. Statistics indicate that number of deaths due to TBI is about 50,000 while those living with life challenging disabilities are about 85,000 every year.
Causes of traumatic injury
As mentioned previously, TBI is caused by an unexpected blow to the head that may be due to falling, car accidents and assaults. Out of these various causes, car accidents happens to be the leading cause that contributes to more than half of the traumatic brain injury cases. In fact it is the number one cause of TBI in people below 75 years of age. Older people are found to suffer from traumatic brain injuries mainly due to falls. Apart from this, about 20% of TBI cases are caused by violence such as gun shots, fighting etc. The different types of brain injuries and their causes are listed below.
- Open head injury – caused by gunshot wounds that result in skull penetration. This type of injury leads to focal damage.
- Closed head injury – caused by falls and motor vehicle accidents. It may cause focal or diffused damaged. There is no penetration of the skull in this case.
- Chemical – caused by the exposure of the brain to chemical or toxic substances such as pesticides, lead poisoning, carbon monoxide poisoning, etc, that damages the neurons.
- Tumors – caused by cancerous growths on the brain. Tumors can cause extensive damage to the brain by occupying the spaces of the brain as a result of which the brain may suffer too much pressure. Brain injury can also be caused while trying to remove the tumor by surgical procedures.
- Infection – caused by bacteria and viruses that unleash brain diseases like meningitis and encephalitis. These infections can sometimes be life-threatening.
- Lack of oxygen – caused by insufficient generic cialis 20 mg tadalafil supply of blood to the brain leading to depletion of oxygen. Conditions such as heart attacks, very low blood pressure, and respiratory problems often lead to lack of oxygen in the brain.
- Stroke – A stroke can cause obstruction of blood flow leading to damage to certain areas of the brain that does not receive proper blood supply.
Symptoms of traumatic brain injury
The common symptoms associated with traumatic brain injury include
- Loss of memory
- Lack of concentration
- Emotional problems
- Sensitivity to sounds and light
- Mood swings
- Difficulty understanding speech
- Difficulty speaking
- Reading and writing problems
- Partial or complete loss of vision
- Loss of hearing
- Loss of sense of smell
Treatment of traumatic brain injury
TBI is a very serious condition that requires immediate treatment. The first step of treatment involves resuscitation of the patient and attending to any life-threatening problems. If there are any open wounds, the doctor may administer antibiotics to avoid infection of the area. The severity of the injury is determined with the help of CT scans, MRI scans or X-rays. If the injury has caused increased pressure inside the brain, surgery may be required to make room for the excess fluids and swelling.
Traumatic brain injuries can affect the brain in such a way that it can have a devastating impact on not only the patient but also his family members. Since there is no cure for this condition, it is important to take necessary steps to prevent the occurrence of an injury.
Consult a personal injury attorney for assitance